Sunday, September 26, 2010

Quilt show, fall

We went to a quilt show yesterday in springfield. I saw alot of beautiful quilts.I also saw alot of pretty fabric. So much fabric ,sew little time to quilt with. I got a glittery fat quarter to use in my barn quilt for the month of December, which means snow sometimes here in missouri.I do not like snow to drive on, but it is pretty to look at after the falling and seeing the glistening of the sun hitting it.

We have a persimmon tree in the field behind us. I went and pick one or other 4 and looked inside of two of the seeds, a shovel is what I seen ,so that means a lot of shoveling in these parts. I have been thinking about trying some persimmon butter and some jelly. I have to wait until it frosts here, but with this cool weather , probably won`t be long. I have never made any of these but wouild like to try them.

Some of the trees are now starting the turning of the leaves to orange, yellow and red ,brown. Which comes the soup making and chilli eating time.

No comments:

Post a Comment