Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Spring....

I know we haven`t had that much of a winter as of yet here in the ozarks. I am so thinking of spring, and so is a few of my plants outside, I mean I have Easter Lillies coming up, one is thinking about blooming, the tulips are coming up, my lilac bush is budding, my muscovey hens are looking for a place to nest at. A few of them checked out Bandit dog house the other day, and he did catch them, doing it, he looked at them ,like what are you doing in my dog house, lol, needless to say they left his dog house after he discovered one of them looking around inside the doorway, and Sparkles and Mascara coming out of it.I haven`t really seen Boss doing his thing, but then again they have been staying by the creek in the next field next to my garden spot, not a very safe place, but so far so good on that aspect, no coyotes coming as of yet, not to say I don`t hear them at night. The muscovies are usually in the yard under the pole light at night, to get the few bugs that are flying around, they soo love those bugs.
A couple of the cochin hens have started giveing me a present every couple of days, of course no rooster in the pen they are in. I so need to find me another Cochin Rooster, I would like to have a blue. I need to get me a few younger chickens this spring as well, alot of mine are a few years old, including my cochins. Well enough rambling for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment