Tuesday, October 16, 2012

a health scare...

Yester while I was at work and had just got there . I had been there for about 30 minutes. I started having chest pains and dizzy headed. I wrote the chest pains as my GERD acting up , so i waited until about 11 am to see if both would go away. Needless to say it didn`t. I did feel my heart flutter, at least that is what it felt like for a few minutes. I called the family ( I work in home health) then called office. I went home...I know I should have been driving ...being dizzy but I really didn`t want to leave my car there . .. I made it home and called the doctors office and they couldn`t get me in...so on to the urgent care.
On the way to urgent care my right lower jar started hurting as well. I got there at urgent care...the doctor told me what for and why didn`t call an ambulance....no insurance..bill, I didn`t want to pay. hence, my blood pressure was 145/95 two nitros...o2 on and an ekg which was abnormal and she told me I was goning to the ER by ambulance no if s ands or buts.....
 The ambulance got there while I was on the gueney and being wheeled out to the ambulance the gureney dropped while I was on it....they apoliugized and stated glad I was 90 year old woman with brittle bones...I would have broken something.
I got to the Er and they did labs and another EKG and chest x-ray...everything came back normal...And as always follow up with your primary care doctor.
I did that this morning and she did a EKG which showed that I had heart attack, and she stated that I was having something and the nitro shut it down. I am now on high blood pressure medicine and have nitro on hand in case I need it and being referred to a cardiologists and told me I need to exercise and loose a few pounds and eat a more healthy diet. So , I think I am gonna be taking a few weeks off to get my health back in order.

Everyone have blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment