Wednesday, October 10, 2012

muscovey ducks ..other..


 Yes, you are seeing correctly, Elizabeht ( Muscovey hen) has just hatched out. She hatched out 5.She started hatching on Saturday...yes, I know brrrrrrrrrr. Mascara also hacthed out a couple of weeks ago, she only hatched out two, she has one left, they do free range, and we do have coyotes in the area. And thanks to a friends game camera ...bobcats as well. Needless to say during the day the ducks are everywhere.
 This one of the ducks I would like to rehome if I could or she will be in the freezer, sad to say.

                                            Stripes

                                               close view of stripes
                             Heart and Stripes foraging
                          This picture turned out a little blurry, sorry. I took this picture while me and my hubby was walking to the game camera to switch out the memory card. i just love seeing these small berries on the cedar trees  We did have our first frost here on the farm. tata for now ,everyone have a good week.

2 comments:

  1. Why are you wanting to rehome her? I love the muscovies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually rehome most of the babies that my hens produce, a couple do go in the freezer though.I really don`t like the black and white, ocaasionally I will keep one for awhile though.That is why Stripe is here, she does look somewhat like a barred when she was younger. I love watching the muscovies talk, and wonder what they are saying

    ReplyDelete