Friday, January 31, 2014

things going here...

I am sorry about not posting for awhile...So let`s do an update...
First of all the Fan in our furnace went bad, the fan part...lucky it wasn`t on one of those really cold nights that we have had....We got the part ordered and the cost was very expensive , at least I thought....anyway, put the fan part in and it has worked fine until recently..it makes an awful racket now when we put the furnace above 65 when the motor kicks the fan blade on High....So we keep it below 60 degrees. The small heater we keep in the girls room, we keep one in there since it is on the North side of the house and to keep them warm went out or rather the oldest smelled it and unplug the thing and the outlet had Black on it. We had gotten a heater for the house to have on  until the fan blade came in for the furnace...needless to say that heater is now in the girl`s room.

the youngest decided she wanted to have some Easter Bunnies to sell for Easter...needless to say the one rabbit we had obtained during the past summer/Fall turns out to be a buck....so Two bucks for her instead of a buck and doe....A friend of ours gave us a doe so she can have some babies, am waiting on those babies to be born now...don`t know if she was bred ...she is half Checkered giant, the buck Duke is on the small side, I think, he has some lion head in him Duke is his name...she Named the doe Red Acorn....The other buck, I guess is mine now his name is Moe....

I have lost a few hens and a couple of my ducks due to the extreme cold weather....This year I am hoping to build better housing for them. I have gotten the first egg from my layers yesterday....

Basketball season is in full swing for the youngest. The first two games were cancelled due to weather. We played Ava Victory and won, then played Thornfield and won ...then Kirbyville lost that game...We had a tournament this past week and got 4th over all...I am very proud of the girls...,but I am upset at their coach...they have had hardly no practice at all...maybe 2-3 times and that is it, the boys have had practice when the girls should have been practicing for this past tournament...We could played better , if we had the practice...Last night game we missed 17 shots in the first two quarters of the game....Two games are scheduled for next week...I know we will loose on the first game....the second game will probably be cancelled due to weather.....

Since Jan. 1 I have been wanting to plant something in the garden...I have worked on expanding the garden area...I do admit I have been working on the expanded area on those nice warm teaser days

I do have a some of the beds laid out, but and have dug up quite a few roots and raked a lot of leaves in this area....
I plan on trying something new on at least one of my raised beds this year,...square foot gardening...I have seen pictures of it on Pinterest , yes, I am on there,...so many things to look at on there.
I am planning on moving more plants as well...I am gonna try and dig up a start from the lilac bush and transplant one or two to this new area ,as well as some irises and maybe a couple of the century plants that my husband hates because the tips of that plant...he hates weed eating around the bed they are it...Hopefully I can get these things done this year and am successful at them...if it ever warms up...well enough for now, thought everyone would know what has been going on around here out in blogland...Everyone have a wonderfull day!

No comments:

Post a Comment