Tuesday, July 16, 2013

alitte of everything.....

 First off , the garden.....the green horned tomatoes worms have hit...grrrrr. I have been picking them off by hand and watering them every day with soapy water, this is helping somewhat, still have to pick them off though.
 
                                                   The above pic of the tomatoes


 A couple of pictures of the hens and chicks in the garden. The one in the cooler I just moved from a washer tub, they wasn`t doing what I wanted ....I wanted them to grow out of the little holes in the tub. Was thinking on trying to find some glass pop bottles, to put in this cooler, don`t know where I could find any, that isn`t expensive. I replanted the little ones in the wheelbarrow to spread them out alittle.

                                 
                                        My one and only so far canna blooming, one of the clearance bulbs I got

                                     
                                                            Mums are starting to bloom

                                                      
                                                  Cucumbers are having to be trained to climb up

                                  
                                                   A daylily blooming


                                        
   this is a picture of the chicks that have hatched this week, two are which of are cochins...yay... they are from my Columbian cochin pair, I do admit their is a birchen hen in there as well.

                                      
                                            This is Mascara with her little one, in which am keeping for now
                                 have named her Mary, the oldest calls her Mary Margaret from once upon a time
                                    show.


             The above picture is buff cochin banty hens I traded for Muscovy ducklings to get these. will not trade with these people again, unless their birds are better looking then these were....they was half dead...I gave them some apple cider vinegar water and have given tlc and still have not put them with my chickens. Yes I did get two reds one as well. They do look better then they did when I first got them. I probably won`t use them for eggs or breeders this year.

                  last of the chickens, this is my standard cochin Big boy, he is such a sweetheart.

                                                                     Now on to quilting
                                              The center block is done except for the star...beading

                                                   January block is done except for the star( beading) and some of the branches for the tree....gotta try and find what I need to do the branches. also need some grass on there as well.
This is a start to the August block, I know I should to do the next month , but have decided to do the block with the lions on it, so I won`t use the yarn up for the mane of the lion.

Well everyone have a beautiful day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment