Tuesday, July 30, 2013

update on garden , chickens


Thought would start with some flowers, these are growing beside the house, don`t really know what they are called, but think they are pretty.....


                          The volunteer holly hocks beside the house are leaning over with blooms

 
                                                            cherry tomatoes


I have been getting plenty of cherry tomatoes, I so like just washing them off and popping them in my mouth.....yummy....


                                           the pole beans on the bed frame aren`t vining like I want them to ...oh well still producing a few beans.

                                        Here is the pole beans going across the rope I set up in the garden....next year , I think I will plant them like this again , but on both sides...
       
                                       
                                        I haven`t picked that many roma tomatoes off the plants, the plants do look pretty though........they are full of tomatoes though...waiting for them to ripen.

                    
                                           Yellow squash is producing good.....I have gotten a few from them.
          I cooked them using them in a foil packet , put an onion sliced and salt and pepper and margarine  and then cooked in oven....yummy.


                          I haven`t gotten very many cucumbers this year...not gonna plant them like this I don`t think next year.....they are not vining like I want them to.....


                                       One of the mums are starting to bloom some....I can`t wait until they are    
                                                full in bloom.

                              
                                 These are doing good after I transplanted them


                                                Canna`s are blooming, at least these are.

           
                                              Rose of Sharon bush in garden in full bloom


This is the last of the blackberries, I am slowly waiting for them to finish ripening up


                          A new blackberry plant , I got and put in the garden...triple crown variety
                                           I need to transplant this one, further down in the garden , not in the walkway....their is two of them here.....We are getting much needed rain here today.....Thank you Lord for the rain......

 
                                                  Fred, one of my buff orphington roosters,...follows me around, the other one is named George.

                                              This is Daisy, she has two bantam cochin chicks, I bought so , I could get to stop setting, her chicks are about a month old and she is laying now, I have gotten two eggs from her so far....her chicks are not all feathered out yet.....can`t tell if they are pullets or roos yet....



I went out to get a picture of cheetah setting hard on the nest ...on a plastic Easter egg, don't want her to set, I keep taking eggs from her....will let her have a few when the next incubator hatches out, it is her first time setting....the picture above is a hen laying a egg on top of her almost,....wasn`t expecting this, I took a picture of the egg after the hen ...hummm drop it.....a nice brown speckled egg....
just laid.......literally......I took it from cheetah......


                                        Elizabeth  setting in the old dog house....she has a lot of eggs under her.
                              One of the chicken hens has laid a egg or two under her and I think she is setting on them two, I took a couple of them and put in the bator....still chicken eggs there though....will put them in the bator after she hatches out if they are still under there.


My youngest daughters new chick...I hope it is a rooster, that is what she is thinking....she got it at the local swap from the same person that gave her the last two.....she can`t put it with her two ...they fight it....It will eventually go out there with them two.......

No comments:

Post a Comment