Monday, August 5, 2013

between the raindrops....

I went out today and took some pictures of the garden and some random pictures before it started raining again....hope u enjoy!
                                         
                         Little Miss(hope it is a Miss) Mary Margaret is starting to get some feathers.
                                    
                         Glimmer/Lillie is also enjoying the rain , she is free -ranging with mom now

 
Here is Cheetah enjoying the bouts of motherhood...she had 16 baby chicks , we lost one. these baby chicks come out of the incubator and she took them..
 

             Cuckoo maran chicks , I picked up in the rain Saturday at farmers market, 5 of them

   
another shot of them , my youngest daughter`s chick(older one) is mother hen to them, this morning all of the baby chicks were under it, I have the 5 cuckoo Maran chicks and the little Cochin chick and its disabled buddy in there and the older chicks had almost all of them under it.
 

 
Just a couple of the surprise lilies coming up despite the rain, ..
 

                                               The squash is taking over the bed they are in....


                                                         Squash I picked today.......

    
                                      The total of the squash from the last few days....

 
                                What I picked today..............besides the squash between the raindrops

                                  
                                               The little cochin chick that hatched out last week, want to raise myself , so I can watch how it color  develops, it had to have a friend....



                           Sparkles is setting again.....maybe no one will take over her nest this time



Our little road with some of the rain this morning....last week road graders graded it and it was ruff on the end towards the school....I seen the graders out this morning going toward the school on our road.

 
Little mushrooms are popping everywhere because of the rain and I would say the cool nights.
I guess that is all for today....everyone enjoy the rain, I know I am....considering it is August and usually don`t get that much rain and I don`t have to haul jugs of water to my garden, no hose close enough to it......

No comments:

Post a Comment