Friday, August 30, 2013

getting on soapbox on poultry...

It has come to my attention that some people buy their poultry and then resale it within a few weeks or a couple of days and past the birds off as their own birds from their own stock. Some of even sold sick birds and birds full of mites, then swear that they are healthy birds. they have even lied about the sex of the birds, like for instance sating that they are all hens when actually they are roosters.
A couple of months ago, I traded some of my Muscovy ducklings for  2 red and 4 buff cochin bantam hens, needless to say these birds were mite infested and half their feathers were missing, combs were very dull in color , I felt like I got cheated and those I traded with will not buy from again...the birds weren`t even from their own flock which I found later that probably got them from the Amish. I am not against the birds from the Amish, but at least be upfront about the birds and where you got them at.
Two of the buff hens and both red hens are finally looking better then when I got them....the birds didn`t even know what bread treats were.....

I am very proud of the birds that I have , these people should be proud of the birds they are selling as well....I don`t sell very many of my cochins or any of the other chickens, ducklings are another story.

When I sell or trade my ducklings or chicks , I want them to go to the person I sold them to or a friend of theirs , not just to be resold in a few days or weeks. I know their are circumstances that come up and you need to sell the birds to get money to pay a bill, you wasn`t expecting to pay. I`m ok with that , but to buy the birds , just to resale , is what I have a problem with.


Just my 2 cent worth, I step off my box now...

No comments:

Post a Comment