Tuesday, July 2, 2013

garden and some quilting


These tomatoes came from my garden, I know not very big , but hey homegrown....yummmmmy.
I have been picking beans as well, no very many at a time . I have started t o pick blackberries again , both the wild ones and the tame from my garden, got almost a quart of them so far. I have only went out one day for the wild ones, so just now starting .



A few picture of some flowers around the yard. I am thinking the daylily needs to be moved into the garden, or maybe a start from them.


  A few new additions to my chickens, The first picture is a mamma banty cochin hen and 5 babies, a couple of frizzle babies in that lot....more babies....
And a pair of splash banty cochins as well, can`t wait to get eggs from them.

Now on to quilting project.


The center block from the quilt I am working on....still needs a few things....beads for the eyes of some of the animals and the beaded star on the block...am having a hard time finding some of the things I need for this here locally, like the for the mane of the lion....I used yarn for it instead.
The leaves were suppose to be a ribbon of some kind. used actual fabric( scrap)


This is the start of the January block, it will have a horse on it and of course a star...each block around the center block has a beaded star.

No comments:

Post a Comment