Tuesday, June 25, 2013

more garden, a little farm along the way.....


     
         These two hollyhocks, I did not plant this year or any other year. .surprise!....where the deeper pink is , one came last year in the same spot, the lighter pink is a new spot, they are so pretty.
Thank God for those flowers


 On to the beans, sorry no tators here this year....I have one wee little bean on this pole bean....

                                          This pole bean is starting to bloom, soon beans

                                           
                                                  Have gotten a few yellow wax beans

                
                                    Just another view of the pole beans and wax bean in the iron bed
                                   I am planning on canning some beans this year , I will be mixing them,
                               while canning them, hopefully everything will work out, I might have
                            beans coming out everywhere.



On to the cucumbers, they aren`t going crazy like the pole beans on the other side, but they are starting to travel up the rope alittle. I have had a couple of little cukes before this one , but they looked dried up so, I pinched them off , I hope that this don`t start looking all yellow and dried up.



                              I have marigolds planted in several place in my garden,...a few ladybugs, I tried to get a picture of one, but it turned out fuzzy. I have not had any issues with the horn tomato worm so far this year, knock on wood.

                                                               now on to the farm
                       
  My oldest hen Indian, first time she has ever set and she did good so far, she hatched out 9 and I hatched out about 10 in the bator and have rehomed a few and she has the 3 that I decided to keep
A silkie mix, cochin and mixed brown egg layers that is chocolate in color, hope they aren`t roosters
By the way , Indian is about 4 years old, and when she was laying, she laid about an egg every other day...she is a mixed hen....the silkie mix is her grandbaby ...I kept a pair from her last year, was gonna rehome them but the hen started to lay and decided to keep.


                                        Lavender hatched out 15 babies...they have been rehomed
                                         Mascara is next in line to hatch and noticed today that Aflac
                                        has started laying.

                                               
                                  A picture of baby chicks that were hatched out of incubator
                                               Different colors, mostly black this time around
                                Both incubators are full, one due next week again.


   Here is what I have harvested from the garden the past two days, sorry the one little tomato didn`t make it to the picture....it sure was good, even though the size wasn`t so good. Sorry when I was getting green onions, I didn`t post a picture of them or the turnips I have eaten either.
One of blackberry briars have slowly started to ripen , a few each day....I need to go and check the wild ones. I am planning on keeping these until get enough to can at least the beans, don`t know about the blackberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment