Tuesday, June 4, 2013

alot of gardening and a little quilting

                
                                 I thought we would look at the many roses blooming here first

                                      
                             Looks like I got fungus on this rose bush, it is planted in the front yard, I need to
                                                                  get out and spray.



The above picture are from the same rose bush, Piñata climbing rose, so much difference in the two blooms, the other rose of this kind is not blooming right now. Of course this is why I chose this rose because of the yellow ,red , orange color....so beautiful

                   
                                  Don`t know what this is , I forgot what I planted here, I know that I did plant some watermelon, cantaloupe , and I think pumpkin, maybe squash. oh well, I guess I should remember what I planted or written it down some where, lol. time will tell.

 
                                    My lavender is doing great and has expanded some


         
                                       My pole beans are starting to do what I want them to do, a little. Can`t wait for the green beans to come, I think I will can some this year, if I can get them before the youngest gets to them .

                                    
                                               I replanted this redbud tree in the garden , in the bottom portion of the garden with my blackberries and irises.


                              One of my blackberries are starting to turn red ,....soon Blackberries.
We went fishing the other day and notice that the gooseberries were starting to get plump and sour , didn`t try any, thought about it that day, but I was having issues with coughing, in which I do from time to time.

 
I seen this plastic bottle tower on YouTube and thought I might put in my garden , but instead of using dirt in it, put mulch and let it break down then plant morning glory in it or some other vine of some sort, cucumbers, beans...endless possibilities, hopefully it will work how I want it too, time will tell.
I also seen building made out of glass , plastic and tin can, it was very interesting and of course old tires, a way to keep these out of the land field, thinking about making  one for my chickens, but collecting all of that is the problem.
Gotta love YouTube.
 
Now on to the little quilting!


I have started working on a new quilt, don`t know how long it will take me, but this is what it looks like. I so like the piecemakers calendars, they always have a beautiful quilt with the pattern as well. I got this pattern a  few years ago.2011 is the year of the calendar. I wonder how long it will take. Each block has beading on it, ribbon embroidery along with regular embroidery, so a lot of work.
                  
                       I am working on the center block first, since it has a lot on it, I will try and take a picture of it when it finished . It has felt on it  and other material that I can not find here local , so am putting my own little twist on it.

 I just finished this one, at least the last block in the process of putting the last row on it. It has ribbon embroidery on it. I want to hand quilt it. I have never hand quilt a quilt except maybe tie tack one , so this will be something....well I am gonna go and work on it. Everyone have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment