Saturday, July 17, 2010

scorching heat....

It has been sorching hot, we have had a few rain drops here and there. Thursday night at vacation bible school it came a down pour, but at home not one drop. We heard the thunder and could see lightning ,but no rain. I have been watering the tomatoes every evening.
Today I pulled up the green beans, I think next year I will grow the bush kind instead of the pole. This years crop has been stringy,when cooked. The corn is coming up nicely and have gotten one little ear, which the youngest ate raw. I have been watering them as well.
All of the animals have been getting watered at least 3 times a day.
One of my little black cochin hen is wanting to set ,I put 11 eggs under her.
The incubator is shut down until next year, I want to make sure the chicks are fully feathered out before winter hits,It will probably be cold ,since it has been very hot, heat index of 105.
All of Blue eyes babies that we have kept looks like gonna be all drakes, except for one little chocolate ,which we named lucy. The youngest named the others as well,
shrek, donkey,prince eric and last but not least prince charming. The other two chocolate babies are hens as well they are violet and lulu bell. I don`t know if the all of the drakes will stay here or not, we will have to wait and see.
Lavender is still setting under the porch.
I am gonna try my hand at making plum jelly for my hubby, which is his favorite, I have never made this kind before so we will see.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy summer time! We have been thankful for all the rain but its seems like the humidity comes back to drown us afterwards! Good luck on the plum jelly!

    ReplyDelete