Monday, July 5, 2010

week full of events....

This July 4 week has been eventful, celebrated the oldest birthday, by going to the McDonald's in Oklahoma that is over the I-44. Yes, that`s right we drove all that way to eat at McDonald`s ,we did stop on the way back at precious moments, which is such a beautiful place, I recommend it to all vacationers, the chapel is so beautiful, Samuel Bucther ( I hope I spelled name right) is such an artist.

I picked over 3 gallons of wild blackberries, to sell some and make blackberry jelly. I have sold 2 gallon of them thus far. some of the blackberry briar's are starting to dry up, we sooo need rain, anybody out in blog land has any extra, please send it my way( rain). I took them to the farmer`s market, along with jalapeno jelly and Root Beer jelly, Yes, that`s right root beer jelly, along with four dozen eggs. I sold 2 jars of jalapeno and 1 jar of root beer and 1 gallon of blackberries and 2 dozen of my eggs. One customer stated she likes putting the eggs in the frig door and opens the frig door just to look at the eggs, I told her I soo liked looking at my eggs as well ( the dark brown ones, welsummer and Maran)
I got me, I know I should have but I did a couple of black copper Maran chicks and a batch of new potatoes

We went to a firework display in town and as always it was excellent. I took A blackberry cobbler, all I bought home was my empty dish.This is an annual event that this family puts on, everyone brings a dish and fireworks are shot over looking a pond. The youngest had another swelled up area on the back of her ear again that day, we drained the pus out of it.
The next day I took her to the ER so we can get some antibiotics in her and we had no water at the house, called the guy who fixes wells and he fixed it temporary and we have to replace the pump this week. When it rains ,it pours.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all are doing good with the exception of the no water and swollen ear. I hope those get worked out soon.No water and sick kids are the pits!Black berry cobbler is my Hubby's favorite!

    ReplyDelete