Tuesday, June 29, 2010

rain....ahhhh

Sunday we went to a fourth of July celebration and the girls got to ride a pony, jump in a jump house and the youngest got to catch a trout. We seen a sky driver and had so much fun, but didn`t see the fireworks ,thanks to the rain, but I am no complaining we need the rain so badly.I waited in line in the pouring rain to get a piece of cobbler, needless to say it was a long line, the cobbler was worth it, yummy peach. Later that day my sister-in-law called and we went to pizza hut and had pizza at closing time, but she lives in Texas and only up here for a couple of days. We so enjoyed the pizza ,basically we had it all to ourselves.

The buff and red cochin aren`t laying as of yet, since I put them in with the columbian rooster. The only cochins that are laying are the black and the golden lace and the one frizzle hen. I have one setting Birchen in color on frizzle and other cochin eggs, she insisted on setting on nothing, so I put eggs under her.
Taylor and carrie are now setting one in crate that was used for a chicken house at one time and the other is in hole of a stump from last years tornado.

The bunnies are a male and female, thank goodness I can have them in the same pen for a few months.I forgot what the girls named them.

No comments:

Post a Comment