Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cody, our beloved son

Cody is a son I lost and is now a angel and able to run and play. Cody was born December 19, 1998 and passed on December 4,2001. He was born with HIE ,which stands for Hypoxic Ischemic Encelphathy, which bascially means lack of oxygen to the brain.I was in labor with him. I would have contractions for an hour and then they would stop for about hour and half.He had Cerebral palsy as well.He was tube fed as he could not swallow and he had to be suctioned out with this.He was a very special little boy ,who had curly hair and long eyelashes. I learned that most children with brain injuries have long eyelashes.He walked for me in the last year of his life, of course I held up his upper body ,but he did walk for me., I was so proud of his accoplishments he made in his short time here on this earth. He outlived what the doctors thought he would. They did not think he would make it when they pulled the machine off when he was three days old, but he surprise them and he breathed on his own. and even cried, which I didn`t hear until he was 4 months old ,but he did cry. I did not ever hear him say mom, but that`s ok. I met so many people and friends with some of them people still.I remember one time ,when we took him to the doctor and the oldest daughter wanted something to eat so we stopped at mcdonalds and I was feeding him and these two young boys asked what I was doing and I explained it to them and the mother came and told them to stay away from us and to leave us alone, like what Cody had was catching.
I feel like I am special as well, as God entrusted me with a special gift like Cody, a special child who laughed and didn`t shed a tear when he had blood drawn. He would always smile when his big sis got in trouble.
I consider him a christmas present from God in his being born and a christmas present from God in his passing. He was having such a hard time when he passed with breathing.I wrote this poem the weekend before he passed , it was Thanksgiving weekend, this poem was also read at his funeral.

My Beloved Son

Your spirit is so strong
Your body so weak
One day your earthly body
will wither away
your spirit will soar
way above this world
to the arms of the lord
from my arms to his
You have been so stron
fought so hard,
Fro every breath,
Every accomplishment that
You did
I will always be proud
of my little boy,
who taught so much
and never said a word
when blood was drawn
you never shed a tear
you just smiles and took it all in stride
like you knew
you
could wipe away the pain

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful poem.....a lovely remembrance of your little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I feel like it was God giving me the words and a way of me saying goodbye to my sweet little boy

    ReplyDelete