Saturday, June 26, 2010

swap meet

We went to a local swap meet today and We took some muscovey duckling along with my pair of frizzles and a pair polish . I did get rid of about 7 muscovey ducklings. Still have the frizzle pair and the polish pair. I came home with a old english game rooster for my little bitty banty hen. The roo I pick out is a blue , I really don`t know what my little bitty hen is but I lost her mate back in the winter months.The gentleman I got him from stated that someone he know is breeding blue roosters with wheaton hens and calling them blue wheatens.I also got a black standard cochin chick, looks like it gonna be a roo, so now I need to find a hen cochin chick, hopefully another black or a blue . I also picked up a siamese kitten ( I so love siamese and bob-tail cats), we named her Frosti.Now I need to find a bob-tail male kitty, so I can have bob-tail siamese running around.
I knew what I had in mind to find when we went ,the kitten wasn`t it, but who can resist a siamese kitten. I went looking for old english game rooster for my little bitty hen ( I did want a blue one),a pair of standard cochins ( I didn`t really care what color, but was thinking of buff or blue),a mottled banty cochin roo to breed with my buff cochin hen( trying for milli color), A blue banty cochin hen, since I lost my one last blue hen, of course more welsummer, and last but not least a solid white muscovey.
Their was alot people there with ducks, pekins, campbell breeds, call . of course chickens of every size and shapeand color escept mottled or blue cochins , bunnies, pot bellied pigs, goats, dogs, rats -yuk, mice-yuk. Tomorrow we are thinking about going to another local swap meet,but its not as big, so maybe I can find white muscovey or a blue cochin hen, or a mottled cochin roo.
We did get a few sprinkles today , we are need of some rain. I picked some wild blackberries last night and gonna pick some more tonight, I so love to pick blackberries, even with the thorns.Homemade blackberry cobbler ----yum-yum

No comments:

Post a Comment