Friday, August 20, 2010

Bandit...the crazy heeler


I thought I would blog about our crazy Red Heeler pup named Bandit.His oringal name was bandana, but the girls shorten it to bandit.I was wanting a varmit dog, one that would chase away coyotes and get possoms and coons away from my pouultry. I have tried mountain cur dogs, and I thought maybe a heeler . I seen a beautiful red heeler in back of a truck one day and told my friend what a beautiful dog she had. Later she told me that her daughters boyfriend`s dog was gonna have pups by her male, I told her I wanted one, a male if possible.
I got him and didn`t know how crazy he was then.He is about 6 months old now and is crazy as a loon. He will chase and attack your shadow, chase a red laser light at night and try to get it. We have a duck pond ( a old turtle sandbox) that he goes in and digs and and bites the water. He hates to have the water hose spray him, but he will chase the water from the hose and bite at it.The last time we got rain, which seems like forever, he attacked the rain as it fell off the roof.Bandit has gone after rocks, I think he has ate a few, lol.If I throw out something out the back and he is in grabbing distance ,he will gobble it up ,no matter what it is, so no-one else will get it. He has woofed down a tomato slice, a jalepeno( seeds and all), now when I throw something out he does smell it unless others are around, like the the chihuahuas or chickens or ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment