Saturday, August 7, 2010

Brumley gospel music

I went thursday to the annual Brumley Gospel music concert in lebanon,missouri.I went with my mom and it was awesome. I seen 6 groups plus a very funny comedian, who told jokes without using foul language. All of the groups were very good.The cocert started at 7 pm,but really it started at 6:45 pm because all of the groups got on stage and sung some of the old time gospel tunes that we all know and love written by brumley, I`ll fly away is one of them. The cocert started out with the Isaac`s singing the National Athem, Star Spangled Banner, it gave me goose bumps to hear this beautiful song with the beatuiful voices of this group.Each group sung about 30-45 minutes a piece. Did say it was awesome.I seen the Lesters, they sung a song about faith, which I don`t remember the name of the song.Then it was the Booth Brothers, in which one ws not there, they was very energic, I don`t remember what my favorite song they sung that night was.Then it was time for the Perry`s ,all of the music sung was good, The feamle singer of that group reminds me of my Aunt Sandy.I also seen the Triumphant Quartet which sung the bluegrass song the Old white flag, which was very funny to watch, I so love that song.I also seen the Isaac`s and jeff and Sherri Easter. The comdian`s name was Aaron Wilburn.The brumley gospel music is for four days every year

We also visited a couple of quilt shops that was in Lebanon and both were easy to find

2 comments:

  1. You were in my home town! Where I spent about 31 years of my life. Brumley has become a big thing for Lebanon.
    Sounds like a good time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun and want to do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete