Saturday, October 16, 2010

do I look that old......

For last week , my youngest daughter`s friends have thought I was her grandmother instead of her mother. Yes , I am her mother and I have the scar to prove it ( She was a c-section) and I did carry her for nine months. I really don`t think I look that old . I am in my middle forties and I had my children late in life. I was 37 when I had my youngest and I would not change that. Considering what my husband and I have been through in our marriage. Their is four years difference between my two girls. I did not want another child after our son was born, because we did not think we could handle the possibly of having another child like him. I don`t regret having him. When We decided to have another child ,we wanted the oldest to know what it is like to have a normal sibling, of course what is normal. Cody was around the clock care, seven days a week, not that normal children aren`t. A person could not sleep during the night, since he could not swallow and had to be suctioned out. Yes, he was fed by a feeding tube and I never heard him say momma but I loved him just the same.
I do admit I do have grey hairs, I have natural frosting of my hair, lol.I love being a mom to both of my girls, even though they can be a handfull at times, red hair comes with tempers to match.
I have been thought I was a grandmother from both children and a parent. Who both don`t know our family. They are children ,whose family have moved into the area. So please don`t assume that a person picking up the child is a grandparent just because they have grey hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment