Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall is here....

Fall is here in the beautiful ozarks. The trees are just starting to show the colors of fall, brown ,yellow, orange, red.We have had our first frost, patchy at best here.The nights are cool, where you need a jacket. Time to bring out the sweatshirts.
My oldest daughter`s watermelon plant is still going strong, their is one watermelon on the vine I am watching.The last of summer`s goodness. Persimmons are falling from the trees. I am thinking about making some persimmon butter. Their is a spoon in the seed ,which means some shoveling in our future. I will put that thought on the back burner for now. I somewhat like winter, but not the snow or ice.I think though if I lived somewhere where it didn`t snow or ice, I would miss it.
The girls have had their school carnival, in which we came home with a cake, in which I won at the cake walk, among other things. My youngest bought a ceramic cat, she seen the day before, which is very beautiful.I also got a exprssso maker, I have not tried it out yet. Neither one of my girls got to be queen or princess for the carnival, but they are already princess for the Give The Kids The World in Florida.
Soon it will be the Glade Top trail walk the school has annually, it is so beautifull up there with all the falls colors in glory.
It also will be soon the youngest daughter`s birthday, she will be turning 9 years old. Of course who could forget Halloween, then on to November and all of the birthdays, not everyone`s birthday is in this month, but I have at least 1 birthday each week.I guess that is it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment