Friday, October 29, 2010

not much happening here....

Like the title says, not much happening here on the farm, still got a crazy muscovey duck setting. It is Elizabeth that is setting on 1 egg, I figured that she could at least keep one baby warm ,maybe.
Last night ,we got the first hard freeze of this season. It got the oldest daughter`s watermelon plant. I threw the one little watermelon to the pen of the quackers ( ducks that quack, Cayuga breed) and did they eat it up. It didn`t get the one rose that is blooming, which is still as pretty as it was yesterday.
The oldest daughter had a 24 hour bug yesterday, I went and got her from school, she ached all over and had a low-grade temp. I hope the youngest don`t get it. Now watch her get it the next weekend, we are planning on going on a girl scout field trip to dixie stampede. OOOOOOoooo how I love their soup, besides the other food, .........oh yea the show as well too...it will be the christmas show. I love the navity scene that they do , it is all so magical, of course the season of christmas is magical and all the wonders of the season in which we celebrate. The way they do it is so pretty.
I think I will be setting up my Christmas village this year, already got my navity scene up, not I can`t wait for black friday weekend to put it up, or I could put it up before then , no I will wait.But I can start thinking about it and how to display the buildings and the different layers of the village. Our local Wally world don`t have any village pieces this year that I have seen, I guess I will have to look elsewhere. My birthday is coming soon and that is usually what I ask for is a village piece of some kind. I think I need more trees for the village. I might go out exploring and use what mother nature has such as sticks.
I guess that is all for now, it is almost time to take the cupcakes that I made to the school for the youngest daughter`s halloween party. The oldest had to bring something salty, so chips was the thing to bring.

Oh Yea, HAPPY HALLOWEEN to everyone out there in blog land

No comments:

Post a Comment