Saturday, June 4, 2011

Boss is a keeper...

I just have to share this story or what happened yesterday. I always water before I feed in the evening and gather eggs at the same time. Well, my hens have been very secretive about where they lay their eggs, since I have been turning out every day to help with the tick problem here ( not as many now). So, I had checked all the usually places and Boss ( new Muscovey drake) starts hissing ( as that is how muscovey talk) in the chicken pen and low and behold their was two chicken eggs , I guess he was telling me hey here`s two, I had just checked in there, but did not think to look outside in the run,...duh.....As I was picking up those two I found another nest outside the pen in the weeds of course, yes I do need to mow in some areas,lol. It is so funn to go egg hunting every day.
Of course, Boss doesn`t let me know where his hens are laying at......lol, just the chicken hens.

No comments:

Post a Comment