Thursday, June 23, 2011

nothing to report here .....

Nothings really going on around here on the farm. I have made some jelly for the local fair, Blackberry, Red Raspberry and Black Raspberry, Grape, Apple and Gooseberry. First time I made Gooseberry. My Aunt gave me some gooseberries...so Gooseberry jelly...I really didn`t want a gooseberry pie or cobbler. I have been picking blackberries or rather dewberries, or both Some dewberries and a few blackberries anyway. Dewberries are just like blackberries, but the vine grows along the ground instead of up. I have picked about a quart so far, the blackberries are just now beginning to turn black a few at a time, wish they would hurry up and turn black, so I could get my bucket full, but all in due time I guess. Bandit ( crazy heeler ) goes along and takes a swim in the ponds along the way, even though they are algae covered ponds.....yuck to me. I did walk around one of the ponds ,while I was in the field checking on the blackberry patch and Bandit did protect me from a few bullfrogs...lol.
The garden so needs to be weeded . I do have Zucchini on one of the plants as well as few green tomatoes, I did see one cherry tomato thinking about turning yesterday. We have gotten some rain, but I still have to water the garden everyday , it seems like and I have gotten into some poison ivy along the way of picking.And pretty soon will be having some green beans as well.

Lavender`s 13 babies are doing fairly well, with a variety of color in that bunch ( chocolate and white, Black and white and grey and white) I think I might keep a grey and white , just to see what color in tunrs out to be. Mascara is setting now and I think there might be a chicken egg or two under her, I really can`t tell as she is setting under some boards and as with the snakes being out I ain`t to crazy about moving things around to see.

Well, that is about it for the day!!!!Everyone out there have a blessed day in which God has made!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment