Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Been busy in the garden......

  I have been quite busy during these nice spring days, I have put mulch on my pathways in my garden area...I got this mulch last year when southern construction came thru and asked for it they dumped a bucketful in an area that the cocoa is in, he likes to lay on the pile and sun on some days. I have been tying him out on these nice spring days and he has been enjoying the green grass.

One of my incubators is up and running with the eggs, that I saved from my own hens. The incubator will be shut down after this hatch until after our annual trip to the doctors in St Louis, then start back up again.
I do have a wide variety of chickens ,seems like
 


The above two picture are grape plants I snagged at a Wal-mart, they was on clearance. I plant a grape vine a few years ago, least to say it didn`t make it, It last about two years and never produced any grapes hopefully these two will do better. I did lay some mulch around them and they are planted in a different spot then the last one was,  The two below pictures are the two different kinds I planted
Both are seedless varieties.


 
The picture below is my bed of beans, the ramps are to prevent the chickens thinking they need to dust in the bed. I also have some onions planted in there as well. This bed frame was in a different spot last year, the boards were rotting and decided we would replace them and weatherproof them as well .On each corner I have planted pole beans, hopefully the bush beans are bush beans and not pole beans like they was last year., My youngest loves raw green beans. I also planted a package of yellow wax beans, so we will see how that goes.


 The above picture is of two clothesline poles that were given to us a few years ago , when my Aunt was in the process of moving, finally got them up, Sometimes my hubby has good intentions, I put the first one up, he did help with the second one. I have planted some pole beans on one side of one of the poles and on the other some cucumbers, I would love to can some cucumbers this years, I so love fresh sliced cucumbers in vinegar during the summer, I am getting ahead of myself a little .I would like to plant a climbing rose bush in the middle of one of the post and let it climb up and over. I seen one I would like to have the other day, when I got the other one I planted, so far it is doing good. I was also thinking on planting some gourds on the other side, I have some seeds that I have saved from a few years ago from my gourds I grew. I am planning on putting a small bed on each side of the poles. I seen a miniature rose bush about the same coloring as the  climber I want the other day , of course it was a higher price rose bush, maybe Mother`s day. These  two poles will  be entrance way into the fruit area, I did replant some blackberries, that were here where the poles are now.

 This is also a new bed we put up, guess what it has in it.....Bush beans and onions and my cannas from last year, hopefully I will get a lot of beans to can and of course eat, I have not covered this bed to keep chickens out, so far they have not decided to use this bed to dust in...they do like where I first put some onions at though.


 I snagged the above two bulbs, I guess is what you would call them the other day as well, clearance at that Wal-Mart I visited. I looked at my local one and these were not on clearance yet, but then again they do have more of a selection on these as of yesterday .I did not grab any there, things are always better when on clearance right, at least I hope so on these plants.


 
                                     I thought I throw in some my tulips blooming, these are in different areas.

           While I was wondering around the yard earlier , I noticed that some of my irises are beginning on thinking of blooming, this bed I do need to thin out a bit. I forgot on what all colors I have in this bed, so I will thin out when they bloom. Their is an area in my garden area I want nothing but irises , it`s around a tree, that way I don`t have to mess with the root of the tree, I have started some planting of them.
This is just a update on the garden area, maybe this is a good topic for this blog from time to time and lets see how it progresses. Everyone have glorious day

No comments:

Post a Comment