Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Gardening...transplanting some 2013


                          The above picture are two of the irises I transplanted, the darker  purple over the weekend and the other one today, after the rain...Thinning out by color.



                           Here are the ones I transplanted in the spots I chose for them....in this bed I want different colors of irises, it is close to a tree, in which I am trying to train a wild rose bush to go around the tree, hopefully it will bloom.

                             My mom loves irises and cannas, each year she plants the normal red bloom flowers and every fall she digs then up and then replants them and sells the abundance that she has of them each spring...they multiply. Anyway, I planted the above picture in my garden as well as some I saved from last year....they was on clearance this year, I also got my mom a package of them, as she doesn`t have any of these, at least I don`t think so. I will dig mine up this fall, hopefully they will bloom this year, I put them in a better bed, at least the dirt is richer then it was last year.


                                 
                         I planted these Dutch irises one day last week, thought I needed some other kind of irises. The bottom picture, in which you can`t see very good are them coming up, I will have to get another picture of them when they are up before they bloom and while they are blooming. the bulbs were different looking then the irises I have .

                              
                 I thought I would throw a picture of one of my beds with vegetables in it , after the flooding we had last week. Turnips, lettuce( two different kinds) and radishes....can`t wait until I pick them...yummy!

                           The lone apple tree is in bloom, last year, I did have a few apples then we had a wind storm of sorts go thru here and that was the end of the apples on there.

                              Our miniature horse Cocoa, we have been just letting him out loose to eat on the grass, while we are at home.

             
                          A quick picture of my mint, which seems the flooding didn`t effect it either. Yesterday was so nice, I put down some more mulch on my pathways in the garden...hence today it is rainy and getting colder, suppose to frost tonight and here is the last part of April. I am sooo ready for warmer weather to stay around more then a few days.
Last night one of our female cats had kittens...4 in total all with tails, two are grey and white and two are calico...the calicos looked oddly colored up so far, but we will see if it changes any .Well that is all for now. Everyone have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment