Wednesday, September 25, 2013

amending the soil....muscovies.....

How to I amend the soil here in my garden......
I add the rabbit manure after I clean out from under the rabbit cage, or course I do add chicken manure to the beds as well...when I clean out the chicken pen....This is one of things I do...
sometimes I leave the rabbit cage off the pieces of wood I have them on ...so that the chickens and ducks can get all those yummy bugs.....

another thing I do is add garden wastes at the end of the growing season...old tomato plants, bean plants what have you...they mainly go into to my compost beds for now.....I also add coffee grounds with the coffee filters and egg shells from the kitchen as well as banana peels, and other goodies from the kitchen , nothing with any grease or rather fat on it...no meat or bones...My chickens for the most part free range and of course they do get into the garden and scratch it a bit as well.



Here is a few pictures of my mums that was planted last year in the garden, thought you might enjoy them.

 I turned Sparkles and her three babies, yet to be named..I thought I had lost one, but then found it wandering around by itself...I have since gave it back to her....the babies are about a week and half old right now.....George the Buff rooster just had to get into the picture....lol

Mascara hatched out 9 babies this past weekend...this is her second bunch this year....Now all I left now setting for the year is Lavender...

Another busy week of practice and games this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment