Sunday, February 20, 2011

Family.....other ramblings

I thought I would blog about families. This past week , I lost one of my Uncle Wayne, who didn`t live a very chrisitan life. In which I am not gonna get in to, as it would be long and drawn out. I remember from my childhood how both sides of my families were close, they would have dinner about every weekend. I do admit that most of the time we did spend time with my paternal grandparents, but we also spent time with the maternal as well. Both sides used to get together regularity. Now, they don`t for whatever reason, somebody said someone`s wife went out with whoever or something was said. I have cousins on both sides, that I remember from when they were little and now they are grown and have childrens of their own. It just seems that families are as close to one another and it is a shame that we can only get together and remember the past during a funeral or something tragic like that. I know families are widespread across the country , as I have relatives in Arkansas and as well as Kansas and Tennessee among other places.
It just saddens me that families have to get together on these occasions and that we don`t stay in touch with one another. I know a few are on Facebook , and I do keep in contact with them that way, but it is not the same as seeing them face to face. I know we have our own lifes , but we should connect with the past and the families that are a part of that or show pictures of other people that were once family and no longer are , such as divorces that took place, as those people were part of the family once and for whatever reason they are no longer part, but still are thought of, if everybody knows what I am talking about , I am sure that every family has those members in the family that go from one person to another. but then again that would be arkward for some of those involved .

I have so enjoyed the weather that last few days....70s even though the wind has been blowing like crazy. Oh the March winds, ok I know it is February, but I wonder if we are getting March winds in February will be getting April showers in March, I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment