Wednesday, February 2, 2011

we missed the bullet......

What I mean by that title is ,that we got mostly sleet and just alittle snow to mix in with that. Of course a little freezing rain with that. We got a total of 2 inches of slippery mess and about 1 inch of fluffy white stuff on top of the slippery mess. Thank GOD, it wasn`t all freezing rain, even though some of the tree limbs are leaning a bit, I think we would have had a power outage....I was prepared for that....12 milk jugs filled with water and enough food to last. We had a blizzard of sleet here on the farm instead of snow....now dealing with the bitter cold air...13 high today and I am not thinking about the wind chill which will be somewhere below 0, besides alittle wind too. I am sooooo ready for spring to come around. The weatherman is forecasting chance for more snow sunday and monday....oh what joy!
I will say our road is icy and slick...no I haven`t been down it...looks slick. i have been out to do morning chores and someplaces was very slick and others well just say drifts of snow. The sun is shining as of right now.....I would say the groundhog saw his shadow today.....I seriously don`t think he would come out of his hole in the ground just to look outside.....it`s too darn cold to out there. Ok maybe he might of stuck his nose out then turn around and burrowed down deep again and curled up to get his body warm again. At least that is what the inside dogs did, they didn`t want no part of it....I had to make them go outside to potty. Well, I am gonna go and cuddle up to get alittle warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment