Monday, February 7, 2011

Freezer door opened again.... and ramblings

Here in the ozarks ..someone left the freezer door opened again, it has turned bitter cold. The last few days have been nice and some melting was done, but not enough. We can see the ground in some places. I took a walk yesterday, it was so nice, of course still had my cover-alls on...still nice and no wind blowing. Today is another story all together...the wind is blowing out of the north and it is brrrrrr cold outside and I have seen a few snow flakes now and again and we are expecting more in the next few days and the temp is suppose to dip down in the single digits again and it is slicker then snot.....I know gross ,but it`s old saying and true as of today.
I think it is gonna be a muddy mess when this stuff melts off and the girls porbably won`t go back to school until next week.
Our female cat or rather my oldest cat is searching for a fella ..I guess she don`t like Spunky, at least that is what we discovered last night ...a big beautiful grey and white cat was here visiting her. oh the thoughts of spring with kittens...........of course baby chicks and ducks. I don`t have my incubator up and running as of yet...I am thinking sometime in March , I may get it up and running. The first part of March is the next quilt shop hop..The same shops as last year..we are planning to take two days this year as of right now. Last year we didn`t win a thing ,but it was fun. This year will be the third year in doing the shop hop, just like last year their will be a quilt pacific to the hop...no barns this time, I think it will be a piece quilt, but not for sure as I have not seen the quilt, just the fabric, In which I don`t remember the colors,.....but they was pretty. I have not finished last years quilt yet or the year before, but hey it`s fun to get these patterns . I guess I`m just like my mom , she always has more then one quilt going at a time. She doesn`t crochet, just quilts and embroiderys. I have made my oldest a peace quilt , hopefully this year , I can get it quilted and give it to her for her birthday or maybe Christmas.
I am still researching goats and am thinking about the kinder goats, I so love the floppy ears and the size will much better then the bigger goats. I would love to start from scratch with a nubian and a pygmy, but I need to get the fence situation in order to get any goats. Since the tornadoa of 2009 wiped out the electric in our garage, can`t put up electric fence, so I don`t know as of yet and still need to get my hubby sold on the idea of having goats. Well that is enough of rambling for one day. Everybody have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. I have thought about breeding a first generation of Kinders with my Nubian girls and a pygmy buck.. Jus ttoying with the idea right now.. Maybe for 1st fresheners or some of the older girls..
    I am so ready for spring and sick of this cold and snow.. We enjoyed the couple of days with sun and no wind. Its nasty out now!
    But 45-50 for this weekend!!Woo HOOOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sick of the cold and snow as well, bring on the spring or summer, natures choice

    ReplyDelete