Friday, May 13, 2011

irises




Old style iris



This peony was just dying to it`s picture taking.





The above iris came from my grandma`s yard a few years ago.









I thought everyone might like to see some pretty irises in bloom, I have several different colors of these beautiful flowers and Would like someday to have some planted in red, white and blue in the form of the American Flag. I do need to find a red one, I know I have a deep red but I am wanting a red , red one and a blue one as well. I have the white covered to do this.


On the chicken note...One of the banties ( Cochin) hatched out a birchen at least I think it will be a birchen as those are the eggs I put under her . And one of the other golden lace cochin has hatched out one baby so far, but then again their is about three setting in the same spot, it will be a buff/ welsummer, at least I think the is what layed the egg that I put under them, the eggs came out from the pen where the two buff hens and a few mixed hens are at with a welsummer rooster that I had extra.

We got a hail storm last night as well as about 2 inches of rain total.






No comments:

Post a Comment