Saturday, January 21, 2012

Here is a quilt...

I thought I might show my quilt that I am or rather have been working on, for over a year now. It is from the 2003 Times and squares calender from Piecemakers. I got it long time ago during one of the few quilt shop hops , my mom and I have gone on. The block above is January, in which this is about the third one I have made ( block for January.) I really like this one.



Here is the same block with the borders around it, a border of red and then a border of black. the pattern calls for plaid fabric around it, but I am doing mine alittle different



This is Febuary`s block, Chick inn.The barn is suppose to have stars on it , but I decided against it. Each block depicts barns and few animals .Alot of embroidery is done on these, I tacked down each piece on each block, then embroidery ( ribbon), So , I have done alot of work on this quilt.

In between each block is a log cabin block, this is my first log cabin. It will be between the January and Febuary block, depicting dogs and chickens in this log cabin. I have done blocks up to July, and now looking for some fabric I want on August. I will try and get the other blocks on here, that I have done. I got this pattern at the quilt shop in branson, Quilts and more quilts- I so love that store---lots of fabric.





No comments:

Post a Comment