Sunday, March 7, 2010

ahhh spring

I got up and ready to go to work and notice 2 of my cochins were out, caught them and put them back up, figured out why they was out later, that tale is later.
After I got off work ,I stopped by mom`s who was out working in her yard,She started to get a young walnut tree out of one of her flower beds, seen a snake ,spring is here snakes are out, needless to say killed it and got the young walnut tree out of her flower bed, they have such long roots, didn`t get all the roots, lol
Got home and started watered the chickens and noticed in one of the cochin pens was a dead rooster, something had gotten hold of it, no head, I say probably a coon, they are cute to look at and good to eat or so I have been told, no good for chickens or ducks.The rooster was a red rooster I had raised from last year.I then dug 3 holes to plant my blackberry and blueberry vines tomorrow in the garden and pick up a few rocks lol, That`s all that there is my garden ,That is way I am trying raised beds, Have had it tilled and the guy broke the tiller on the rocks.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh teh joys of planting in Missouri.. It grow rocks better than anything!! lol Sorry about the chicken sounds like a raccoon. My great grandma use to cook them or so I have been told. My Pawpaw wouldnt eat unless he saw for sure what she cooked.. She had a reputation!Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh..my nemesis are coons and possums! They got a lot of my poultry at first. I have a terrible hillbilly accent and stick out like a sore thumb here.My sons tells all his friends that his hillbilly momma cooks up coons and possums all the time! He thinks it is hilariousness...I kind of do to!

    ReplyDelete