Thursday, March 25, 2010

rain, rain ...oh how I love rain

It has been rainy here today, Of course I had to work, all I wanted to do is sleep ,which is a good thing to do if you caught a cold and worked a 5 day stretch and only 1 day off.The creek that runs thru the bottom part of our land ( all of 2 -3 acres ) is running swiftly.Our gravel road is very muddy and wet.......Wait a minutes I think the sun is trying to shine , still cloudy but the sun is trying.March winds are here.I am glad I got out my onion sets out last night, I forgot to check if the rain had drowned them. I sooooooooo lovvvvve green onions ,fresh from the garden . One whole little 4 x 4 raised bed is gonna be nothing but onions.Last year my raised beds were 8 x 4. I decided this I would make the beds a little smaller ,so maybe I could keep up with the weeding.Which is probably wishfull thinking.So far I have three little 4 x 4 beds, one has green onions, The next has an old barbeque grill in the middle and tulips in that and tulips around it. I am thing of planting some beans so the vines can grow up the legs of the grill and Put artifical flowers in the grill once the tulips have faded out.I don`t know what I am gonna plant in the last one, I still need to get more landscape timbers and cut them down and put more dirt in it.
I am picking up the rocks and trying to build a wall with them, hubby don`t think it will work ,but I don`t know I am gonna try we will see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment