Wednesday, March 24, 2010

new arrivals

Well, I had only one chick hatch from the incubator,It usually takes me a couple of times to get the temp right on the bators.It was a frizzle chick. Transfered out to the crate in the building under a heat lamp. The crate had chicken wire over the top . Needless to say something got it, or rather one of our cats got it. My hubby thought the chihuahuas had gotten it, I told hime yes they maybe could have gotten in the crate but not out of it. So we thought of the other suspects that could have gotten the little chick......Snow , our white cat ,she had killed a baby duck last year and i had some nankins babies I had bought at bakercreeks last year on the backporch and they disappeared ,no sign of them.I called her name and kitty kitty and she didn`t come to me just under the front porch she knew she had been bad.Needless to say we got rid of her, she has a new home.
The next new arrival is a new puppy a red heeler named bandana, hopefully He will be my varmit dog and keep the possoms,coons from getting my chickens and ducks. He is a male.I know it will be a few of months before he will go after the varmits.The girls have renamed him bandit.
Well supper is almost done and I am tired from working a 5 days in a row and 2 of those were 12 hour shifts and I have caught a cold, So I feel lousy and the sun is shining outside.

1 comment:

  1. I have had chicken snakes get my chicks like that,seemed like a mystery until I caught one in the act!

    ReplyDelete