Friday, March 9, 2012

Gardening today...

Well, my green onions sets are in the ground. Hopefully next week , I can get some good rich dirt for one of my raised beds, as I am redoing somewhat my garden area. ( We raise rocks in here on the farm , hence raised beds.) I am planning on making a knot garden in one of the 4 x 4 beds, using herbs, marigolds. I had seen a picture of a knot garden in one of my mom`s books and thought it was quite pretty and thought I might try and put one in my garden.
The book had alot of planting ideas in it as well, I might incorporate some of them as well, not for sure . the book was a herb book, it goes alittle in detail about some of the herbs, even some I have not heard of as well, such as rue, oris rrot ( which is iris flowers). Well, I am gonna go for now and dig up some easter lillies and replant them in a better location and enjoy the sunshine.Everyone have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment