Monday, March 12, 2012

my garden...2012

I know we got rain last night, but I was able to go out and plant one of my raised beds today and enjoy the sunshine while doing it. I have already got one bed of green onions, a mix of red, yellow and white bulbs, never know what you pull up when pulling them and eating them. ( hint - I like the purple/red ones). In the bed that I planted today, radishes ( two different varieties), spinach, lettuce, beets, parsley, sweet onions, marigolds and nasturtiums. I seen the design in a book that I checked out at the library's once. It showed one bed planted with these plants in one 3 x 8 bed, in which is what I have, at least one of ,as of right now.
I also got some potatoes, three different varieties, I have not ever planted potatoes, but thought I would give it a try this year. I got yukon gold, cobbler and some red that I forgot the name of. I know that everything that grows under ground has to be planted before or on St Patricks Day, at least that is what I remember my grandma saying. Well enough for now, gonna go enjoy some more sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment