Monday, November 12, 2012

Test results...other things

Last week I had two tests done, the first one gastric empty test..in which the doctor stated that it is not always accurate..it just depends on if the stomach is acting up when the test is done...it took two hours to do it. I could not eat anything before the test, needless to say those egg beaters tasted good...I prefer real eggs from my own chickens--who are on strike for the winter as always. I took a nap during the test and woke up coughing as usually in regards to me since I was laying somewhat flat on my back during the test...note, I do not like to lay down after eating as it always ends up coughing spell and throwing up some of the stuff I had eaten, anywho I didnt do the up thing, almost did...thank goodness I didn`t., I think anyway. I got the results from that test and they didn`t think my stomach was empting slowly ...normal speed , whatever that is.

Second test was a strees test, where I get on a thredmill and walk...never been on one before..thought I might be able to keep up with it...or like fell off the thing. I was able t o eat for this test...yay for me...I know i don`t always eat alot....hmmmmmI do have my days though where I do eat, at least that`s what I think. The tech thought she saw a narrowing of one of valves , but not for sure...it was like she stated a little of the narrowing to a extent...she stated that sometimes it looked that way, but not all the time.....the doctor was there and looked at it and said yes.....then said all your ok, nothing wrong with the heart, and I asked what could be causing my chest pain and he stated could be any number of things.....lungs, acid reflux, gall bladder....the list goes on.

I was able to butcher two of my ducks, my oldest was gonna bury them..she is my girlie girl..and a very picky eater...needless to say I told her that I was gonna make duck stew and of course duck al orange...I do have old southern cookbook with orange recipe in it and recently bought a cookbook with the duck stew recipe in as well.

My youngest daughter and my hubby/her dad went out in the woods sunday and didn`t see a thing except a squirrel and a few turkeys...hopefully they will get a deer soon..I so want to make deer jerky again.

No comments:

Post a Comment