Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Basketball....

we are on that season again, at least the practice part for now. My youngest lives for basketball. Since last time we were playing I have found out about an organization that puts children with life-threatening diseases with sports teams Champions committed to kids....needless to say I signed my youngest daughter up for that...Guess what sport she picked.......that`s right basketball.Yes, the Leukemia is gone, but their is a slight chance it can come back, and we do deal with the after effects of the chemo...being so tired so easy at times, like this past weekend...I let her stay up Saturday until alittle past 10 pm and the first two mornings of this week...she was back to my little grizzly bear...I do mean grizzly bear...not a happy camper...Last night I made her go to bed at 7:30, she usually goes at 8 :30 ,but she needed that little extra time...as she is meeting the coach and the team tonight after school....so excited for her. I am glad that there are organizations out there like these. She has been thru alot with the chemo...she lost her hair not once ,but twice....I look back at pictures of her when she was on treatment and she looks so ...I can`t find the exact word...let`s just her picture now are different then back then. I know she is older...but she has been thru alot in her 11 years that no child should have to go thru. not to say that my oldest hasn`t been thru alot either. Neither one of my girls should have to go thru what they have been thru in both their lives....but I am sure that God has a wonderfull plan for them and that is way they have been thru so much.I know it has made them stronger in some sense.

Sometimes, during practice I look at all of the other girls on the team and my youngest looks different then they do.....I think what my mom told me is true that she should be an inspiration to them and to all that play against her...I know we are to treat her like she is normal, but sometimes it is hard as a parent to do that...we have been thru so much with her.

Back to the team she is meeting ...in which she knows one of the girls......and I am a friend to on facebook, despite the fact that she somewhat disliked my oldest and picked on her when they were in school together, likely now they don`t go to the same school...my youngest is worried about her not being nice to her when she meets her...I told her that she has to be nice to her...that is part of it...maybe she ( my youngest) will teach that young lady  on the team something about respecting everyone and not picking on certain kids , just because they are different or just because they don`t like them.......
Anyway , she gets to be announced as their honorary team member during the first home game....I am excited for her on that....and get a jersey of the team...plus seat on the bench with the team.....
I hope tonight goes good.

On my oldest, she doesn`t like basketball and wants nothing to do with it....but is looking forward to the game because of the nachos.....her best friend also will try and be there for the game as well.I can not post with out mentioning something about the oldest as their are jealous issues there.

I hope the game goes well, I have told everybody that I can think of the know my youngest daugher about it..they said that they will try and make the game. Hopefully my youngest will be their good luck charm of sorts.



No comments:

Post a Comment