Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I did it.........Garden...roses

 
Thought I would post a picture of some of the daffodils that are blooming right now...I have a few of them in bloom....
 
I did it...title refers to me planting roses in the garden...I planted them before our last snow...I know I should have waited....the above pic is the two variety's of climbing roses I planted...I originally wanted pink and white one , but came home with these two.

                                              
                                                   this one is the Maid of Honor rose


                                                        This one is golden shower rose
                                 I think they will work well together once they start climbing
                     a blend of colors similar to each other...........Maid of honor has some hints of
                   yellow on it............their was a couple of other climbing roses I looked at as well,
          I will wait until clearance time and see what they have left.

                       These are the other two I brought home with me...so many roses to choose from...
                      Can not wait until they bloom...........

                         
                                                           This one is Snowfire rose.......
                                                       My oldest helped pick it out.
                                   Back behind this rose is irises and a lilac bush...
                                           that is starting to bud out...not done with this bed
                        Planning on transplanting a day Lillie on each side of the rose bush
                                                so it can be like the other corner.................


                                           This one is Golden Glow rose.........yellow or rather
                                       bright yellow, I wanted a yellow one.........
                 these roses were my valentine`s present from my hubby............


                           This bed is where the Golden glow rose is planted.....It is going to be sunflowers, daisy's in this bed along with some black eyed susans I found last week ..just haven`t planted them yet...I am working mulching this bed before I plant them...When I planted the roses over the weekend , I put mulch around them .....so hopefully this past cold snap didn't do anything to them.....
I have been working on this bed in the morning , then in the afternoon working on the quilt block...until I get to hurting to bad and stop working on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment