Wednesday, May 26, 2010

gullywasher....

Yesterday was a long day, first off I butchered 3 roosters that I didn`t need. 2 were silkies, ..so chicken soup for them.
I went to town and on the way back ,it rained, rained , and I don`t mean just slight sprinkles, I could not see the yellow line ,besides, pea-size hail..I pulled over and as soon as I pulled over it slacked off.I called my husband and he forgot to put down two windows and was afraid that the inside the house was gonna get wet, this was a pop-up storm.I proceded to pull out again ...here comes the rain and pea-size hail for another couple of miles ,..then thankfully it slacked off. I pulled onto our dirt road and rounded the corner and our road was a big old creek, or river water everywhere ....I said a little prayer and proceded down the road almost to the slab, in which the water was going over pretty good,....said another little prayer and proceded thru the water..I didn`t stop...needless to say I got thru the water..called husband and told me I was at home and he asked what the problem was ..I told me the road was washed out badly....And I was at home..I looked in the rain guage and it had 2 inches in it.We got 2 inches in 30 minutes. My hubby finally came home and said how do you get thru the road ,his little s-10 drug on the road.He called the county commisioner and told him he couldn`t get out and he came over and checked out the road and had someone graded the road.
I was gonna worked in my garden today and try and finish my 8 x 8 bed and plant some sugar snap peas, but because of the rain it is way toooo muddy.We are suppose to have a chance of rain again today.

1 comment:

  1. I also made Strawberry cake. This recipe can be found on my other blog..hillybilly annie`s kitchen shortly

    ReplyDelete