Thursday, May 27, 2010

I got chicks....

My Dark Blue Cochin banty that was sitting has hatched out , I forgot what eggs I put under her, but I know for sure their was 3 welsummers, she still has 2 left, she hatched out yesterday I found a small snake under the nest box ,so I know what happened to the other baby. The other 2 chicks are feather footed, 1 white nad 1 black, so proably 1 out of the frizzle pen and one of the other cochin pens.My incubator is hatching out as well, so I have decided to try and see if she will raise all the babies for me ,so no heat lamp.The eggs from the bator are mostly banty cochins and frizzles along with a few others.

On the ducks...I have a total of 4 muscovey hens setting. Lavender is under the porch, Mascara is in a hole under a tree stump ( from last years tornado),Elizabeth is setting down by the garage, blue eyes under the old chicken house.Tow of the hens are not setting, thank goodness, but Taylor is looking for a place to lay.Lavender should ,I think start hatching out this weekend or next week sometime.


My girls found 3 baby kittens someone must have drop off, 1 male and 2 female, 1solid white one and 2 yellow and white. The male kitten helped himself to a couple of my baby chicks ,I hatched from the dark eggs I had bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment