Monday, May 31, 2010

memorial day 2010

First of all , THANK YOU VETERANS FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE SO WE MAY HAVE OUR FREEDOM!
During our annual trip of visting the graves of some my ancestors and of loved ones who have pasted. We visited the graveyard where my grandfather is buried along with my uncle and an aunt, along with alot of other relatives that are distant in relation.The veterans in this cemetary did not have a flag on their graves, this is not right , I know it is a small cemetary but still these people who fought deserve some rememrance on this holiday and a flag place on the grave to honor them.
I decided to visit some of the homes I remember when I was a lot younger, I am not saying wiser.We visited the one in grovespring, mo where I lived for about 6 months and remember fondly ,It was there My dad shot a lizard that was crawling up the wall and it was there when my mom`s horse was called a sick-um horse ( u know when you say sick-um and the horse goes after whatever). We tried to visit the house in grovespring where my grandparents lived , but we couldn`t find it. It was a beautiful home with columns in front, no running water on the inside, a goldfish pond across the dirt road, along with a graveyard there as well.We thought we found it ,but not for sure ,the house was no longer there, but the barn was.
The other houses I visited online last night thru googlemaps, oh how things have changed since I was younger and growing up. The house on Hasbrook is not there where I spent my elementary years I walked to school in those days and we were able to go to church during one day of the school week , no this was not a private school.

No comments:

Post a Comment