Tuesday, March 29, 2011

time of the year for coons...

The coons are at it again...oooh I so hate coons, yes I know they are so cute to look at, but you must remember they sooo love chickens and ducks to eat. Saturday, I lost one of my hens, in which was a mix, but layed a pretty dark egg . Then sunday the coon hit again and took the other hen that was in the pen as well, they both layed a dark brown egg, I had hatched these two out a couple of years ago. I had thought about moving them into a pen with a rooster, but never did. Last night the coon hit again the same pen and took out a young cayuga duck, in which I hatched out last year. So the cayuga`s now are free-range along with the youngest daughter`s muscovies--Sparkles and and uh peggy who has been since named Captain Hook. It turns out it`s a drake and not a hen. Hopefully this will deter the coons in coming and getting my chickens and ducks. You know if they had to take one they could have tooken a drake instead of a hen cayuga duck. I was wanting to see another dark egg from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment