Sunday, February 21, 2010

cayuga egg

I got my first cayuga egg yesterday, it was sorta of grey/greenish in color.I did not believe this breed of duck laid this color of egg, I know I have read several times on the internet of this color of egg from cayuga ducks, but I didn`t believe it, well now I do.It is going in the incubator sometime soon.My drake in the pen is not full blooded cayuga, he is black but has some white on him, almost looks like could have some mallard or other breed of duck that has a green head, he is beautiful none the less.I would like to get a top knot duck ,but with cayuga coloring I think that would look so neat.I do have a top knot hen,but her knot is not as prefound as I would like it to be.She is in with some other ducks,the drake in that pen is also half cayuga and half swedish(sonny), not related to the drake in the cayuga pen.I hope I get some more cayuga eggs ,so if this one egg hatches ,he/she won`t be the only duck.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see pictures of your ducks and eggs! Our ducks free range and lay all over the place the eggs are usually to dirty to use but we don't waste them,we use them in with our dogs food to give them a healthy boost!

    ReplyDelete