Friday, November 19, 2010

remember when....

We sat down as a family tonight and watched the waltons , I have some of the series on dvd . This was good family entertainment, no worries about what the walton children would say, while watching the tv, no worry about the children getting the ideas of being wicked. A story or rather a tv show that had true values and taught true values and morals, unlike some of the shows that our children watch these days. I am not saying I don`t like some of the shows that are out there , but some of the language that is used and the comments that are being made during the show.
Can you remember back when tv was a wholesome entertainment , yes their were cop shows that we all loved; Starsky and Hutch, columbo, quincy , Chips, to name a few. Their were family shows like All in the family, the waltons, little house on the praire. Remember when we weren`t afraid of letting our children watch anything on tv.Now ,we worry about the shows they watch on tv, because of the content of the shows.
Just a thought I would throw out and a pondering of my soul , or a longing for these shows to get back on tv. Wholesome show , like tese instead of shows like 2 and half men or the other ones out there

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way,I loved the Walton,Little House and Bonanza! I am very frustrated by the shows on TV these days...I think of all the children who's parents do not care what they watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%!!! We counted all the cop chows alone on and while we do watch one or 2 they have way to many now and the subject is not always appropiate even for adults I think..
    My mom made it her mission a few years ago to buy all of Andy Griffith,Little house and the Waltons.. She has the complete series in all 3. We get them and watch them for a while. Then with Netflix you find all sorts of stuff like that. We are getting the Looney tunes cartoons right now with whatever movie we get.

    ReplyDelete