Friday, December 17, 2010

thoughts of days gone by.....phones

Today when I was out shopping, I seen something that made me miss some things that have gone by. I seen a grandmother entertaining her grandchild, who was I say about 2 or 3 years old, playing with an app on her smart phone ( a game of some sorts). Remember when you just needed a phone to call a friend or a loved one. Today a phone is more than a phone, it`s a camera, or it could be a game system to play games on, it`s more then just a phone. You can even get certain apps to let you know of weather forcasts and daily remaiders of things that need to be done.
This so amazes me of the techology that we have, shoot 10 or 20 years ago who would have thought of a phone being more then a phone, a entertainment device.
I remember when I entertained my children myself, besides them bringing their favorite toy along to the store, or letting them play with some small toy that didn`t cost that much, of course the child ended up with it. Or giving them a set of keys to play with or a doll for a little girl to play with. these days , children want the latest electronic thing out there....
What happened to just pure and simple phones and simple things....when a phone was a phone,....a camera was a camera to take pictures with.
Yes, I agreed I do like some of the modern things, I don`t think I would let my 2 or 3 year old, if I had one that young, play with my smart phone..... I think I payed too much for it and it isn`t a play thing for a 2 or 3 year old. I hope I am not alone on this.

Remembering the things of days gone by I guess is not important....I just wonder what kind of things will be out there when my two girls are grown-up and have kids of their own...Will they look back and remember and think that these times and things that are out their now are simple ....... What will things be like then.....What kind of toys will they be......Just some questions that have come to my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment