Wednesday, January 12, 2011

disappearing dog....Tinker

I got up this morning and went and made sure all the animals had water. My hubsand had had his coffee while he walked outside earlier and turned the heeler loose. Needless to say the old dog....Tinker was missing ...not in her dog house....she is deaf and blind to some extent....She is 14 years old. At this writing she is still missing ,...the heeler has come back ( Bandit), but still no Tinker. I think possibly she went off and died , but not for sure. Our Chihuahua Jake did this about 3-4 years ago and we have not seen any bones from him....just up and disappeared.

Tinker has been a good dog. She is a chow/lab/heeler and what ever else mixed in there. She has killed amany possoms that were after my chickens as well as coons, even a skunk after it sprayed her in the face. She did everything we asked her to do. She loved to play hide and seek with my husband in her younger years. she has drunk out possoms under the porch.....possoms from holes........skunks out from hole in the ground and protected us from harm. She is/ was a good dog and she will be missed if she doen`t come back to us. I am sure if she is gone to her heavenly reward she is up there running rabbits...squirrels and possoms amuck.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am sorry! One of the labs my mom and dad had when I was still living at home was 15 when he went out in the woods and didnt come back.. Still makes me sad when I think about it. He was the best dog and his partner a female lab lasted less than a year and died at 14.
    So sorry....

    ReplyDelete