Thursday, January 6, 2011

R u ready for spring?....gardens


I am so ready for spring to come. I have been watching Victory Garden and am anxouis about digging in the dirt, planting vegetable seeds,...just seeing green on the ground instead of brown grass. Seeing the flowers around here bloom...... Oooh how pretty are the irises while they are in bloom, I have several different colors of them...purple, white which are so lovely..., yellow...............ohhh poo, it is only the first part of January. not April, May or even June. January is not the time to be diggin in the dirt, for one thing it will be frozen probably or so cold the fingers would wonder what I was thinking......
I guess I will have to wait till then. But it is so hard to wait for springtime......
I am gonna try and grow pumpkins this year in my garden, I would like to try two different kinds, but I don`t know if that will work and am thinking about growing some more gourds again as well...they make beautiful bird houses....as well as the normal things such as green onions, tomatoes and squash. This year hopefully I can expand my rasied beds to maybe a couple more beds, but I will have to wait and see how it goes. I use raised beds because of the rocks, in which we have plenty of here on the farm.

1 comment:

  1. I am anxious for spring too!!! I made my own dirt to dig in to get a fix!Lol I planted Lettuce in pots in my basement along with some bunching onions. Both like it cool and it stays in the 60's down there and fairly humid because the dryer has a vent that lets the heat into the room.
    I love Irises!! I need to plant some here.

    ReplyDelete