Thursday, April 15, 2010

gardening

Well I got 4 tomato plants in the ground 2 big boy and 1 mr stripey and another one I forgot what it is.Of cours 1 lone cabbage plant ,in which my mom gave me to plant,in which was given to her. So hopefully I will have some tomatoes from my own garden or rather raised beds. My mom always does excellent on her tomato plants.
I have now 4 raised beds, Three 4 x 4 beds and one 4 x 8 bed which I need to fill in with dirt. One of the raised beds have green onions and they are coming along nicely.....ohhh green onions, wilted lettuce.....where was I ......The tomato plants and cabbage is in the one of the 4 x 4 beds. I am planning on planting corn and green beasn and squash in the 4 x 8 bed....I see this done on one of the gardening shows on pbs. It is an old indian tradition the green beans grow up the corn stalk and the squash cover the ground under the corn, each plant benefits the other.I think I am gonna have to amke another 4 x 8 bed I need to plant some lettuce and radishes...wilted lettuce......ok I need to think about smoething else. I was walking around the lower part of our property and I thought I seen poke greens coming up in between the rocks lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment